Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Returning

It's been a while since I wrote, life has taken over and got in the way somewhat.
We had a warm spring and the garden has been on steroids. It is not often that you find yourself deadheading roses in the middle of May. Nor did I ever see the Laburnum and Wisteria flowering at the same time.

While most roses have finished their first flush of flowers long before their expected time, one has been an exception. It is a standard rose I bought from a French man at Hampton Court flower show about 5 years ago, I lost the label and I don't know its name. It never failed to flower, always at the same time, whatever the weather.
This year as always, it is covered in flowers


This gave me an idea, writing every week, about the plant that is at it's best that week.
This unknown rose will be the first.

No comments: