Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Open Garden

We had an open garden day on the bank holiday weekend in aid of Iain Rennie. The weather was not too promissing and indeed the day started with pouring rain.

But, while I was showing a lady around wearing my waterproofs (which only come out about once a year) the rain suddenly stopped and it stayed dry until 5PM when we closed.
Since I don't have a close relationship with any powers, I will have to assume this was pure luck. We had very good comments so if you thought we are resting on our laurels, think again, while I was showing visitors around, I identified quite a few changes....

Here are some figures from Acer Corner's resident statistician:

We had 154 counted visitors, there probably were a few more we are not aware of, since we had a bit of an influx after lunch.
We took in £235.5 of which £145.5 (~62%) was for refreshments (most bought their tickets in other gardens), but we think most came to see our garden.

Bedfordshire 4
Berkshire 2
Buckinghamshire 116
Hertfordshire 28
Middlesex 1
Oxfordshire 2
West Sussex 1 (wander how they got here)

Meanwhile you can enjoy a sunny view of the garden (I am trying to establisha camomile lawn around the apple tree)

More gardens will be open for Ian Rennie in the Chiltern area during June and July, you can check them out here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1. As far as I konw, you certainly have access to THE power.
2. you wrote: "[...] so if you thought we are resting on our laurels, think again"
Who are those WE you are referring to? I thought this project is completely yours.
3. Most important - I'm happy that you are rich